Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bet You Didn't Know! (Gretchen Lucia)

Luci is our second daughter.  She was born shortly after we moved back to Ohio from Georgia.  Luci is our shining light in dark places.  She just recently turned 5 years old.  And we had a big party for her.  Because we have so many kids we do "just family" parties most years but then every 5th year we throw big parties and invite their friends over.  Luci hosted a "fancy Nancy tea party".  She has eyes that will melt your heart.  Luci is a great hugger and we love it when she cuddles with us watching t.v. at night.  One funny thing she does is that no matter where she's at when 8:30pm comes she falls asleep.  Here's 10 questions we got a chance to sit down and ask Luci...


  • What do you look for in a friend?
    I look for Vivi!  I like someone who likes to play toys in my bedroom like house, dress up, sing to our music player, art and hide and go seek.
  • What is your favorite thing to do?
    Help mom make bread.  I help her dump the grain into the grinder, measure the ingredients and then I like to have my own dough ball to make something special - like cinnamon apple raisin dumplings.  I also like to help her make supper... it's fun!
  • What do you want to be when you grow up? Why?
    I want to work in a store and be a cashier. I want to use that little thing that goes "beep, beep" to check in all the groceries. 
  • What is your favorite thing about school? Least favorite?
    Having recess time and reading with my mom - she helps me.  I'm a pretty good reader already.  I also like to write my letters.  My favorite letter to write is "R" and "C" and "S".  I also like to write number "6".  I have trouble writing the number "3" though.  I've almost learned half my alphabet.  There's not really anything I don't like about school
  • Who do you consider to be your hero? Why?
    Ruthie is my hero.  I want to be like her when I grow up.  She's really good at playing games.  We have so much fun together.  Miss Katie is also another hero I have.  She's my ballet instructor.  When I first took ballet I was kind of scared and she made me feel special and helped me learn how to be a ballerina.  I hope I can dance like her someday.
  • If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
    I don't really want to change anything... I like things they way they are.
  • What three things do you think you are good at?
    I'm pretty good at ballet, the pony game, and making bread.
  • What is your best memory? Worst memory?
    My ballet recital.  We got to dance in front of a whole bunch of people on a big stage and that was a lot of fun.  My worst memory is being cold outside in the winter.  It gets so cold here in the winter that your nose hairs freeze!
  • What is your favorite movie?
    My favorite movie is "all of 'em".  I love watching movies.  But I don't like "Scrunch Bob Silly Pants".  If I had to go pick out a movie right now I would pick "Miracle on 34th Street".
  • What are you most afraid of?
    I really don't like bad dreams.  My scariest dream is when that guy puts the red paint all over him and it's like dripping off of him.  You know what I'm talking about dad? Like on Scooby Doo and then he chases you.  That's really scary!

1 comment:

  1. If you want some questions to ask your kids here's a great link we used for this one...
    http://www.parentcoachplan.com/know_child.php

    ReplyDelete