Thursday, April 4, 2013

JC & Marghie are back from Kyrgystan

Okay so this probably won't come out right. Honestly my head is a little overwhelmed by this trip. But I have to share and ask all of you to join me in asking for wisdom and direction. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a better handle on this. One of the things that WOWed me this trip was that this world is more unjust and unfair than I previously thought possible. I'm sure there's a part of each of us that tends to think that in general you get out of life what you put into it. And that trying harder and being given opportunity to succeed is basically all that is needed in the equation for helping others in poor economic situations.
However, we met so many this last weekend who definitely didn't deserve the lot they had been handed in life... these were some of the hardest working, most compassionate, humble, self sacrificing, and dedicated people I have ever met, eeking out an existence in a climate that most wouldn't think possible to live in. Here's to you people of Chung Alai.
At 10,000 feet above sea level you have more joy, community, love and happiness than I believe I've ever seen demonstrated before. You've leveraged resources and opportunities given to you. You've maximized the surrounding tools and resources that you have. You've engaged and blessed so many strangers that have come along thinking they had an answer when really they didn't even know the questions.
For you life is a relentlessly double dose of H.A.R.D. How is it that you can wake up each morning with a smile on your face, a love in your heart, and a hand stretched out to serve and care for your fellow neighbor?
The mountains are an amazing site but the view of the people... WOW, I'm in awe! I left asking myself what did I really have to offer these people. In the three days that we were there I walked away wondering what if anything did I really have to offer these people. Dear Lord, teach us to number our days. Teach us to make the days count - somehow my soul forgot. How in such a beautiful country can daily life be so hard and daunting. What does your redemption look like there among the people of Chung Alai Lord? What new thing are you doing in their midst? Show them the way that they may walk in it, and teach me your ways that I can walk in your truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment