Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bet you didn't know! (Samuel Bennett)

10 random things you might not know about me...

So I was the third boy in our family.  I'm the first one who goes by my first name.  Everyone calls me Sam.  I love farming and someday want to have my own farm.  I'm not sure what I'm going to raise on it yet but maybe sheep and horses or something - I guess I need to get a farm first and then I'll figure that out.  So my dad gave me the following 10 random questions to answer.  Maybe you'll read some things you didn't know about me...

  • My favorite set of movies is the Chronicles of Narnia.  I like all the battling and sword fights and being able to go to a secret world.  I wish I could go to a secret world someday.
  • My best toy as a child was and still is just a stick and a rope.  There's so many things you can do with them.  I make bows and arrows, swords, sling shots, walking sticks, I use them to climb trees, making traps for animals... if you can think of it you can pretty much make it with a stick and a rope.
  • I like school, well most of the time.  Some times school is fun - and sometimes school is really hard.  My favorite thing is adding numbers and maybe reading.  Actually I like it best when mom reads to me.  I like to read about early American history.  My hardest thing to do in school is subtracting and borrowing.
  • When we went to the Great Wolf Lodge that was my favorite day ever.  They had huge water slides and a ginormous water tower that would dump thousands of gallons of water on you - it even knocked me over.  My dad and I actually flipped our inner tube on the huge blue water slide.  I was scared of the big blue slide the first time but I ended up doing it 11 times and thought it rocked.
  • When I brush my teeth I put the tootpaste on first and then get my toothbrush all wet.  Then I brush the bottom ones first always doing the top of my teeth the outside of my teeth and then the inside and then I brush my top teeth the same way.  Then I swish water back and forth and spit it out in the sink.  Mom says I should do it two times a day and sometimes I do it in the morning and in the evening - but sometimes I forget.
  • I get really car sick sometimes.  In fact I've even thrown up in our van before.  It doesn't feel good at all.  When we go on long trips I get car sicks especially on swervy roads and roads that have woo-bellies.  So now on long trips mom and dad give me medicine so I don't get sick or I just fall asleep.  That works sometimes too.
  • The first funeral I ever remember was my Great Grandma Mason.  Grandma Mason's house is in Pennsylvania and I love the mountains on her property.  I like to go out there and hike in the mountains with my brothers and my dad and Grandpa Leitch and Uncle Patrick.  The sadest part of the funeral was seeing her in the casket - that was the last time I seen her.  But I know it won't be the last.  There were lots of people there, lots of people I had never seen before.
  • I've rode on an airplane three times in my life.  The first two times I don't actually remember cause I was just little.  But the third time was when I was five and we went to Branson, Missouri on vacation with Papa EO and my nana.  We stayed in a really cool resort with a water park and there was a kid there who had a underwater remote controlled octopus - he scared lots of girls with that thing.  Someday I hope to fly to Kyrgyzstan so I can learn to be a nomadic shepherd and maybe outerspace too - so I can see what it is like to be without gravity.
  • I never unite my shoes when I take them off.  I can tie my shoes very fast but I can't untie my shoes very fast.  So I just kick them off when I come in the door.
  • What kind of question is that? (who are you in love with) UMMMM [sheepish grin]... I don't know but I could tell you who Abe's in love with... but he would kill me if I told you.  I'm not really into girls right now - I'd rather be building, exploring or inventing something or even taking something apart... I do love my mom and dad and my family.  Someday I will get married and I'll love her how's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment